We invite the neighbourhood to participate in these centennial projects from now until 2021, and let us know when you have done some of these:
- 100 trees planted in Whonnock – let us know when you plant a tree on your property; we'll keep count.
- 100 organ donor cards signed - www.register.transplant.bc.ca or 604-877-2240
- 100 blood donations - Critically needed now. www.blood.ca or 1-888-236-6283
- 100 t-shirts for temporary foreign farm workers – there are hundreds in Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge who require round neck t-shirts (not polo shirts or dress shirts). All sizes. Logos are fine. They can be pre-worn, as long as they still have a bit of wear in them. Let us know you have some, please launder them, and we'll collect them when safe.
- 100 bible verses read. Use your own bible or access many versions of scripture days online at http://bible.oremus.org
- Walk 100 metres a day for 100 days - Keep track and let us know when you get there.
- 100 good deeds - If you have been recipient of a good deed from your neighbour, let us know.
- 100 books for the schoolchildren of Kingcome Inlet on BC's north coast – the expansion of an ongoing parish project.
More projects may be suggested as time goes on but we hope this keeps you engaged in these days of physical distancing and self-isolation – and maybe even relieves some stress.
How to tell us you've done these: email holyspiritanglican.whonnock.ca
phone 604-462-7933 - leave a message and Jean Davidson will get back to you.
Please leave your name and contact info.